Harsco Corporation Launches 2019-2020 Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Report
Harsco Corporation, a global market leader providing environmental solutions for industrial and specialty waste streams, and innovative technologies for the rail industry, today released its 2019-2020 Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Report highlighting the company’s corporate sustainability accomplishments throughout 2019 and the first half of 2020.
The report includes a note from Harsco Chairman and CEO Nick Grasberger that shares his insights on the company’s key milestones, the acquisitions of the Clean Earth and Stericycle Environmental Solutions business, and how Harsco rose to the challenges of the pandemic. With these changes, Grasberger predicts that 80% of Harsco’s total revenue will come from environmental services, compared to just 60% three years ago.
Highlights of the report include:
- Harsco launched 22 new environmental solutions across the company.
- Equipped Clean Earth’s water treatment plant in Detroit to accept PFAS-contaminated water, making it one of the first large-scale PFAS water treatment facilities in Michigan.
- Saved over 5 million metric tons of carbon emissions through Harsco’s Environmental’s recycling and repurposing solutions.
- Recognized as a Winning “W” company by 2020 Women on Boards for having women comprise at least 20-percent of our Board of Directors in 2019.
- Implemented the HarscoCares COVID-19 Global Principles at all facilities to ensure the health and safety of our people around the world through the COVID-19 crisis.
The ESG Report, informed by leading market standards including the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), also identifies four focus areas where the company can deliver business value and positive outcomes for its stakeholders:
- Innovative Solutions
- Inspired People
- Safe Workplaces
- Thriving Environment
We look forward to continuing our sustainability practices in the waste and rail industries and becoming a more purpose-driven company. To review the full report, visit https://www.harsco.com/sustainability. To learn more about our services and commitment to sustainability, click here.