Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule: April Update
Below is the most up-to-date schedule of states and territories adopting the Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule.
- Effective May 30, 2017: Alaska, Iowa and Puerto Rico
- Reviewing Internally: Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Vermont
- Rulemaking in Q4 2017: Alaska, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin
- Rulemaking before 2017: Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming
- Rulemaking before 2018: Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon and Tennessee
- First Activity: North Carolina held public hearing April 3, comments were due April 7
- No Activity: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota and Utah
Stericycle Environmental Solutions will continue to monitor any state updates pertaining to the Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule and provide additional updates, as needed.
Click here to learn how Stericycle can help your business remain compliant with the latest hazardous waste regulations.